Alma is seeking a mission-driven Backend Engineer to join our team. We are dedicated to building tools and services which help our providers more easily manage and grow their practice. In this role, you will be building features that solve real problems for mental health providers. The ideal candidate is able to recognize that successful software development requires communication, experimentation, and iteration.
On this scaling team, you will have a strong hand in defining Alma's features, services, and architecture. The ideal person for this role loves to collaborate with other teams to design and build amazing digital experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Gain a deep understanding of what Alma members do, how they operate, and where their pain points are.
- Design, develop, and implement maintainable and scalable product features using modern web technologies (Python, Django, MySQL, Linux).
- Develop both member-facing and internal-facing features around onboarding, scheduling, billing, and client management.
- Collaborate with Alma managers, PMs, and designers to conceptualize and build solutions for practical problems facing Alma members.
- Ensure applications and services meet Alma's standards for software including performance, scalability, and security.
Who you are:
- You have extensive experience with web technologies. We are language agnostic in our interviews but require experience with one or more common web frameworks.
- You've got an understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- You have implemented automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- You possess a proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- You enjoy customer-centered software development and collaborating closely with a team of engineers, designers, and product managers.
- You have a desire to experiment (succeed or fail), and use research and data, where appropriate, to make data-driven decisions.